we now have a cloth diaper baby!
After some debating, and a lot of research, we decided to convert to cloth diapers. I'll admit, I was a huge skeptic and so was Cory. We kind of thought it was just plain crazy. I knew that cloth diapers weren't the same as they were in my gramma's days, but I also thought it was nasty and a lot of work. It's actually not that bad at all. We've been doing it for a week now, and it's not too different from disposable diapers, just some extra laundry. It's also nice that E's not a once a day pooper, he'll usually give us a couple of days off.
We bought one-size pocket diapers, which pretty much look exactly like a disposable. They have snaps that adjust as he gets bigger, and they have inserts that fit into the pocket. They're not one of the "big brands," but they seem to be really similar, and we're happy with them. (Nubunz if you're curious). So we're doing a little something green, and we'll be saving a lot of money. Plus, they're really cute.
Some pictures from his first cloth diaper experience:




2 comments:
Love them!! Welcome to the world of CD mamas!!
I didn't know you had a blog! Cute little guy! Such colourful diapers-much nicer than plain white.
Post a Comment